MAC Homeschool Day at the Zoo – Spring Edition is scheduled for Monday & Tuesday, April 26th and 27th.
The format is different this Fall due to the response to the virus. Choose a 90 minute session at the church, and then drive to the nearby zoo. Each session has (7) speakers, each one presenting information about an incredible creature that God has made.
Where: Forest Park Bible Church (<5 minutes from zoo), 1517 McCausland Ave
Then drive to the St. Louis Zoo, in Forest Park
When: Mon April 26th, 2021. Choose 9:00am or 11am.
or Tues April 27th, 2021. Choose 9:00am or 11am.
Note: Each session lasts 90 min
Animals discussed are in the River’s Edge area, so be sure to tour it on your trip! If you plan to visit the zoo after the 9:00 or 11:00 church session (or before the 11:00), please make reservations for your time at the zoo. Rules may change, but at the time of this writing slots become available 7 days prior, at 7am.
This event is hosted by Missouri Association for Creation
- Learn about the amazing design features of God’s creatures from MAC speakers, and see those animals up close at the Zoo. Special presentations on the following animals:
Hippopotamus, Cheetah, Painted Dogs, Andean and Sun Bears,
Asian Elephant, Black Rhino, and Freshwater Fish
- Receive a colorful, informational booklet on the animals, with “fill-in the blanks” from the speaker’s presentation. These are great for later family discussions.
- For each animal, a speaker will give a 10 minute presentation about that animal emphasizing the remarkable design by our awesome Creator.
- Ask the speakers questions about these animals, or anything else about how God created our world and us.
What to Expect:
To Sign Up:
- Family name
- Name of homeschool group (if any, so we can put you together)
- Which date and session you plan to attend – Mon or Tues / morning or afternoon
- Number of people attending over the age of 5 (both students and adults)
- An alternate session you can attend
- If our count exceeds the maximum size of the tour, you will be informed and put on the wait list
- Masks or face coverings are required at the church upon entrance up until your family is seated, for everyone 9 years old and up.
- Masks or face coverings are required at the zoo for everyone 9 years old and up. There is a “mask free” zone half-way through the River’s Edge area.
- IMPORTANT: If you plan to visit the zoo after our presentation, you will have to reserve your FREE tickets at the zoo’s reservation/ticket system no more than seven days prior.
- The church worship center is not handicap accessible. However, if you have a need for handicap access, please let us know and we can work out an alternative. Children 5 & under are welcome to attend as well but we do not need them included in your count.
- To cover the costs of the tour, we suggest a donation of $5 per family to MAC. There will be a collection basket at the church if you desire to make a donation, or mail a check, payable to MAC with “ZOO” in the memo line, to Will Burgener– MAC Treasurer, 12015 Berkley Manor Drive, St. Louis, MO 63131. If mailing a check, please wait until a week before the tour to send in your donation.
- In the event of bad weather, the tour will be moved to Wednesday, April 28th. You will be notified by e-mail or at the MAC website www.mocreation.org .
We are thrilled to be serving you again and would appreciate your prayers for good weather and that this event would glorify our awesome Creator, loving Redeemer, and all-powerful King.